Wireless Engineer (Thermal Equipment Management)
Our client, a leader in telecom and wireless infrastructure solutions is seeking an Engineering Manager to oversee and assist in managing upcoming state of the art products with respect to engineering requirements regarding noise attenuation for antennas, thermal testing for shrouds, and other mechanical/wireless products and solutions. The position is located in Texas with occasional travel to the company's labs in California.
**Reputable, professional and public organization, providing attractive compensation, strong benefits, bonuses, stock options and opportunity for growth and advancement. Will consider relocation package for the right candidate.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for leading and/or managing various teams to implement product strategy with regards to noise and thermal areas for wireless products and delivering sound solutions.
- Design and introduce customized shrouds, antenna brackets and various mounting brackets to meet new customer requirements and meet new form factors.
- Develop shrouds and retrofits that will lower the ambient noise generated by equipment, in order to meet municipal “noise” requirements.
- Project Manage thermal testing of shrouds, upgrades/modifications to shrouds for Small Cell equipment and project plans for all hardware product development (ie. shrouds, antenna brackets, etc.)
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver innovative product ideas to the organization and wireless communication industry.
- Assist with technical sales presentations and training by providing appropriate technical overview to customers and partners.
- Work with vendors to maintain and enhance Hardware products and associated manufacturing required.
- Work closely with the company's Real Estate groups, Implementation, Operations and the Senior Management teams to ensure hardware designs are cost effective and easy to permit.
Education/Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering - MUST
- At least 5+ years experience in wireless communication industry
- Proven experience as a product development lead
- At least 2 years of experience in thermal and acoustic noise management
- Previous experience with wireless Equipment Vendors preferred (Alacatel-Lucent, Huawei, Samsung, Ericsson, Nokia)