Our client, a leader in Healthcare IT Solutions is expanding and looking to add a Business Analyst to their Dallas team. The ideal candidate will have an appetite for learning, a strong customer service background, an ability to gather data from clients and relay information to internal systems and also the ability to assist and communicate with developers to enhance the users/customers experience with benefits processing.
The primary responsibility of this role is to solicit, define, and manage requirements for internally and externally developed software. The candidate will define the business requirements, the technology processes and a variety of data models for technology solutions to help bridge the gap between the customer and the technology solution team of vendors and programmers.
***We need candidates that have experience in processing medical claims, have had experience in benefits administration and compliance tools.
Specific Job Duties:
- Gathers, interprets, and translates customer needs into functional and non-functional requirements
- Facilitates a critical communications role by interacting with users, project team members and development personnel
- Understands system behavior, inputs, and outputs as they relate to business functions
- Confirms that the new releases function is as intended and there is no negative impact to existing functionality
- Becomes the subject matter expert on the compliance solution and tools
- Maintains legal and regulatory compliance by researching and communicating requirements
- Researches regulations by reviewing regulatory bulletins and other sources of information.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Develops risk management strategies for clients in regards to compliance with healthcare reform laws
- Operates as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to the portfolio of customers
- Builds and maintains strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Develops a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders
- Ensures the timely and successful delivery of the company's solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Assists with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of related experience
- Interviewing and listening skills to elicit detailed requirements
- Analytical skills for transforming defined business needs into software requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to create effective requirements documents and review them with key project stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization.
- Basic understanding of software design and development.