Our client is a leading provider of enhanced signaling applications to mobile network operators. Several of the world's largest mobile operators rely on our client's products to enable new services and increase operational efficiencies within their network. Their products are sold worldwide via a network of OEM and distribution partners. They have created a relaxed culture, great environment withe a team of people that have a common vision. They also provide a rich benefit package at no cost to their employees.
We are currently seeking a Field Application/Test Engineer to join their team and work with the Sales Engineers to help deploy their products and solutions. The ideal candidate will be responsible for testing to validate and certify software and hardware solutions.
- Create, develop and own the technical relationship with the customer
- Work with customers in managing product deployments, field trials and managing requirements feeding them back to Product management
- Actively participate in all phases of the software development cycle (including requirements and design) to gain a complete and detailed understanding of the features to be tested.
- Write detailed test cases and executes test plans based on requirements and design.
- Design testing arrangements and prepare equipment in lab.
- Work with software engineers to troubleshoot, resolve, and document problems.
- Devise creative solutions to difficult testing problems.
- Provide support for production system in a 24/7 environment with rotating on-call shifts
- Prepare for and deliver field demonstrations of products
- Organize, manage and execute on-site customer evaluations of our products
- Hands-on diagnostic and troubleshooting of telecom networks.
- Understand and document product problems and feature requests, communicate them internally
- Work with sales and marketing to develop answers to RFP-style requests.
ADDITIONAL BENEFICIAL SKILLS:
- Experience with both hardware and software testing methodologies
- Experience writing test tools to enable automation
- Experience with testing VoLTE, IMS, 3G wireless protocols, SS7 Signaling
- Experience in demonstrating complex, network-based applications, including voice and Mobile Broadband
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Experience in system integration with 3rd party application API’s
- BSEE/BSCS or equivalent work experience
- **Must be US citizen
- Experience with GL, Catapult MGTS, Tektronix Spectra
- Experience with SNMP and embedded object models for telecom
- Experience with scripting languages (PERL, Python, UNIX shell, Bash, tcl/tk) a plus
- Experience with TCP/IP, network protocols, switching, routing