Our client is looking to add a Project Manager to their Constructions Facilities team. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and organization skills to handle multiple large, complex new build and renovation projects. The Construction Project Manager will be tasked to ensure all projects are delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Manage the planning, design and execution of major higher expense and capital projects by providing project leadership, communication, coordination and conflict resolution to ensure project goals are met. Project portfolio: Typically 5-7 active projects with an average total value of $500K or more.
- Provide support in pre-project planning activities, including Capital Improvement Plan preparation, funding requests and Board submittals and approval processes.
- Manage project from initiation through completion of construction.
- Responsible for project budget, schedule, and procurement of design, construction services, and owner furnished materials.
- Facilitate timely decisions by client representatives and report progress and issues impacting the project goals to stakeholders.
- Ensure design and construction documents comply with project requirements.
- Facilitate timely review of contract documents by owner’s engineers and consultants at Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Document phases of the work.
- Advocate with integrity for the owner in contract negotiations.
- Review construction contracts, changes, technical service contracts, Guaranteed Maximum Price submittals, bid documents, pay applications, etc. Facilitate owner approvals as required.
- Apply Company's project control processes to track progress; for consistency; to mitigate risks; and to assure compliance with corporate standards and guidelines.
- Serve as project liaison with client, facility user groups, operations and administration during design and contract administration to ensure timely input, manage expectations, resolve conflicts and facilitate decisions.
- Collaborate with other internal owner colleagues to initiate and develop process improvements.
- A Technical Degree in Construction or Project Management or a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Finance/Accounting or Construction Science.
- Strong background in scheduling and budgeting.
- Previous background in Facilities Constructions/remodeling.
- Knowledge of construction principles and practices.
- Ability to read and interpret Contract Documents.
- Ability to maintain an effective relationship with other project account managers and contractors.