Our client is looking to add a Sr. Construction Project Manager to their Constructions Facilities team. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and organization skills to handle multiple large, complex new build and renovation projects. The Sr. Construction Project Manager Provide strong leadership on multiple large, complex new build and renovation projects. He/She will direct design professionals and administer construction contracts necessary to meet project goals while ensuring projects are delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Manage the planning, design and execution of major higher expense and capital projects by providing project leadership, communication, coordination and conflict resolution to ensure project goals are met. Project portfolio: Typically 5-7 active projects with an average total value of $500K or more.
- Provide support in pre-project planning activities, including Capital Improvement Plan preparation, funding requests and Board submittals and approval processes.
- Manage project from initiation through completion of construction. Responsible for project budget, schedule, and procurement of design, construction services, and owner furnished materials. Drive progress of consultants to achieve expected functionality; and recommend alternatives to recover negative drift.
- Facilitate timely decisions by client representatives and report progress and issues impacting the project goals to stakeholders.
- Ensure design and construction documents comply with project requirements.
- Facilitate timely review of contract documents by owner’s engineers and consultants at focusing on Design Development, and Construction Document phases of the work.
- Facilitate timely reviews of accessibility, building and fire code compliance, environment, and ADA to avoid delays to the project.
- Advocate with integrity for the owner in contract negotiations.
- Review and approve design and construction contracts, changes, technical service contracts, Guaranteed Maximum Price submittals, bid documents, pay applications, etc. Facilitate owner approvals as required.
- During construction, direct and/or provide support to owner’s Construction Manager, in management of construction activities and processes.
- Apply owner’s project control processes to track progress; for consistency; to mitigate risks; and to assure compliance with corporate standards and guidelines.
- Serve as primary project liaison with client, facility user groups, operations and administration during design and contract administration to ensure timely input, manage expectations, resolve conflicts and facilitate decisions.
- Collaborate with other internal owner colleagues to initiate and develop process improvements.
- A Technical Degree in Construction or Project Management or a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Finance/Accounting or Construction Science.
- Previous background in Facilities Constructions/remodeling.
- Knowledge of construction principles and practices.
- Ability to read and interpret Contract Documents.
- Ability to maintain an effective relationship with other project account managers and contractors.
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.