Our client, a renowned health benefits company supplying customers with discount medical and lifestyle benefits along with insured products for their employees is currently in need of an Vendor Relations Specialist to support their Head Office in Dallas.
They offer a fun, business casual environment with a strong company culture focused on employee engagement and recognition. A competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits plan (paid vacation, holidays, 401k with matching, company profit sharing, health/dental, life insurance) in addition to other daily/weekly perks contribute to a strong culture, being a main factor in ensuring low employee turnover.
The Vendor Relations Specialist will be responsible for coordinating efforts with the Marketing Department to ensure new vendors and benefits are up to date and that they are also trained on a variety of company info. The Vendor Relations Specialist will work with departments throughout the company to implement and communicate any changes, and works closely with contracted vendors to identify new opportunities and program enhancements.
- Assist VP of Vendor Relations with any research, screening and evaluation of vendors’ viability for inclusion the product portfolio by gathering information such as product fit, history, performance, network recognition and member experience.
- Research and seek out new vendors and benefits in as well as research the industry, competitors, etc. to move the business forward
- Assist with product strategy initiatives
- Conduct regular internal benefit training as well as communicate benefit updates, highlights and changes to ensure and enhance product knowledge throughout the company
- Create comparison charts and visuals between vendors and similar benefits
- Contact every vendor at least once per quarter to maintain relationships and discuss product changes and enhancements
- Manage benefit escalation troubleshooting by determining root cause of product issues and working with vendors and VP-Vendor Relations to resolve problems and prevent further difficulties
- Accountable for quarterly benefit testing and addressing all identified issues
- Coordinate and moderate vendor/benefit webinars
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in client services or product/vendor management is preferred
- Excellent customer and client service skills
- Superior organizational skills/ability to manage details
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Computer Skills: Windows Environment, strong MS Office skills, Internet, and proprietary databases
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.