Our client, a leader in Healthcare Performance Improvement, is looking to add 5 regional VPs of Strategic Accounts to their overall team. The initiative is to support member Hospitals and assist with the delivery of education regarding systems, group savings, drug pricing, FDA regulations, product recalls, etc. The VP of Strategic Accounts will be responsible for establishing and maintaining strong member relationships that enable rapid dissemination of important information regarding contract portfolios, educational services, consultative offerings, technology products, and other pharmacy-centric solutions. The incumbent will also provide additional subject matter expertise for field staff and leadership.
**The VPs of Strategic Accounts will be working from their home office and required to travel the territory approximately 40% of the time to meet with Hospital clients. These positions can be based anywhere in the US to cover their respective market.
- Engage with strategic accounts to be the trusted advisor, bringing together company expertise and thought leadership to shape solutions and to solve the most critical business needs of their members and clients.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of an overall strategic account strategy
- Build executive client relationships in order to establish a partnership driving value
- Leverage existing company leadership, sales and delivery resources as part of the overall account strategy.
- Provide company leadership with regular progress updates and be aware of and actively managing a multitude of aspects of the member/company relationship for the team that will support them (product sales staff, consulting services expertise, and in-house business function teams)
- Focus on maximizing the value of the owner/company relationship, with a significant goal to:
- Shaping strategies to drive cost reductions
- Improving quality and reducing harm
- Identifying consultative opportunities
- Increasing growth in adoption of all tools and services
Position Competencies and Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of account management and business development strategies in an advisory selling environment
- Demonstrated expertise in creating profitable growth in managed accounts
- Business acumen and strategic advisor capabilities
- Confidence around senior management executives; exhibits an executive presence
- Broad understanding of healthcare industry and company
- Ability to prioritize important activities and delegate appropriately to optimize resources
- Understanding of Value-Based Care, Supply Chain, and Clinical Optimization, Cost reduction (supply chain/labor)
- An ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining high levels of communication
- Solid knowledge of healthcare reform
- Improvements in quality and care delivery (level of care/length of stay/waste avoidance, etc.)
- Healthcare informatics and how to leverage data into actionable information consumed by administrators
- Consistently demonstrating the ability to respond and engage both internal and external customers with a high sense of urgency and professionalism
- Have existing, trusted advisor relationships with executives both in and outside of the company alliance
- Bachelors’ degree required. Masters preferred (in areas of Business, Healthcare or related discipline)
- 10 years health care and related experience, including demonstrated team building and leadership, exceptional verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills. Previous supply chain, business development, and customer retention. Consulting industry experience with growth and engagement economics responsibility.
- Typically supervises a team of 3-7 direct reports including a variety of high level exempt employees, mostly at Director level
- Must be able to coach, mentor and deal effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Must be able to foster teamwork among all employees in their pyramid.
Client is highly interested in candidates with previous experience from the following firms/companies:
Accenture, Deloitte, E&Y, Navigant, Optum, Vizient, Health Trust, Intalere, McKesson, Cerner
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.