Our high profile global client has a new exciting opportunity in the Washington, DC area for a Sr. Systems Administrator to join their team.
**This is a government related role and the candidate - MUST BE US CITIZEN
**This position is a 6 month contract role with the option to convert to permanent status.
The Sr. System Administrator responsible for providing support to the client's SharePoint environment by troubleshooting, event log administration, and search administration troubleshooting. Performs migration tasks with the concepts of farm planning and implementation skills to implement Service Packs and Cumulative Updates. Implements an architectural SharePoint solution for maximizing usability and enhancing user effectiveness and readiness.
- Responsible for SharePoint operation including upgrade and migration to Office 365, topology services, and backup and restore.
- Implements and Maintains Security, Data, and Global configurations.
- Maintains and implements all aspects of SharePoint Application management including Office SharePoint Server Shared Services, Search Administration, Workflow Management, and External Service Connections.
- Reviews existing SharePoint infrastructure setup and develop best practices and input on operational guidelines
- Maintains system, application, security and SharePoint, and Internet Information Service (IIS) event logs.
- Responsible for all site collections on a web application.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Candidate MUST have experience directly installing, configuring or administering a SharePoint farm. Candidates that do have this type experience will be rejected by the client.
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.