Public Relations/Marketing Manager
*** Travel up to 50%***
The Public Relations and Media Manager will be responsible for developing the PR strategy that will tell the company’s story—driving business results, improving brand relevance, and strengthening their corporate reputation—to a range of audiences that includes consumers, influencers and municipal officials.
The PR Manager will have experience building a CORPORATE PR PROGRAM FROM INCEPTION and will collaborate closely with each of the functional experts on the Marketing and Communications team, bringing her/his expertise to cohesive, multi-channel programs that span brand strategy, digital and social media, advertising, and tradeshows/events.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the company’s public relations and thought leadership strategies and execution, working directly with executives and business lines.
- Develop a media relations strategy and editorial calendar.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media and influencers.
- Detect public relations issues as they emerge and lead incident response communications.
- Act as a media spokesperson on behalf of the company, addressing interview requests and questions.
- Develop communications to the media, including press releases, pitches and talking points for executives.
- Plan and oversee press events.
- Own the relationship with our public relations firm.
- Liaise with our investor relations and internal communications teams and firms to support important company initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Communications, or equivalent education and experience preferred
- Seven 7+ years corporate communications and public relations experience at a publicly traded company
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with IR and internal communications teams
- Experience with community outreach/grassroots campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship and persuasion skills
- Strong self-management skills, including the ability to manage time and workload
- Ability to master new, difficult concepts and content quickly and effectively and converse in different functional and brand areas
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
- Attention to detail and follow-through
*** willing to travel up to 50%. ***