We are currently recruiting for a Telecom Sales Manager
in the Houston, TX area. Our client is a high profile organization in the wireless telecommunications arena providing an exceptional and rewarding compensation package for the right individual. The position has a base and uncapped commission potential! The ideal candidate will have strong leadership experience, with experience building and leading sales teams as well as a proven ability selling into Enterprise Clients in the local Houston market. The Sales Manager will be relied upon for his/her strong connections with Fortune 1000 stakeholders and guiding junior sales executive to be successful in their portfolios.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and guide a bright group of telecom sales executives.
- Assist the team in building and maintaining strategic relationships with high-level buying influencers in key customer accounts
- Responsible for assisting the team in closing large opportunities and selling wireless services and products.
- Experience in implementing sound sales strategies.
- Identify and be able to engage local business decision makers.
- Organize and prepare proposal packages for consideration of proposed deals/structures.
- Coordinate internal resources, including sales, leasing, zoning, regulatory compliance, construction, and staff for proposals.
- Generation of sales strategies to be implemented both internally and externally for the respective region based upon local knowledge.
- May be required to travel across a specific territory.
Education and/or Experience:
- Proven ability to build, lead and develop winning sales teams.
- Strong cold calling expertise, good networking and lead generation along with experience in presenting to C-Level executives.
- Additional experience in site acquisition, site development, construction management, zoning, sales, business development is helpful.
- Additional experience selling to public sector is also desirable.
- Established Fortune 1000 contacts.
Genius Road is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Knowledge of and local to the Houston market.
- 4+ years of Technical Sales Management and Leadership with proven capabilities at building winning teams with sound sales strategies.
- 7+ years of Wireless or Telco Technical Sales.
- BA/BS degree preferred (but not required).
- Proven ability at implementing and excelling at sales goals and quotas.
- Professional relationship builder with exceptional communication skills and follow-up abilities.