Our client is a leader in accelerating and redefining network transformation for Service Providers by offering a comprehensive product portfolio across every layer of the network infrastructure. The team is growing and they are in need of a Marketing Coordinator - Events
for a growing division in their North Dallas Office location. This position will be responsible for the design, planning, and implementation of various events and programs.
**Must be a strong team-player, self-motivated and have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, global environment for this role.
- Responsible for logistics planning, coordination, and follow-up for events and programs including meetings, receptions, lecturer series and a number of other high profile and special events.
- Perform administrative duties as related to the position including compilation of guest/attendance lists, establishing and monitoring event budgets, and evaluating events upon completion.
- Coordinate, develop and implement event time-lines to ensure all events are executed efficiently and effectively with a focus on details; consistently handle multiple events and priorities; create and maintain an event tracking system including checklists and forms.
- Responsible for purchasing event supplies, participating in hands-on setup and preparation, address issues that arise, and oversee clean-up and close out of events.
- Ensure A/V equipment, tables, chairs, and other event related equipment is configured appropriately for functions.
- Research and recommend appropriate venues when required, and oversee rentals, decor, parking and public safety, and other requirements.
- Responsible for working with the digital marketing team to build event registration sites, gather other materials (print, videos etc.) and to promote events through all social media sites.
- Plan, coordinate and secure travel for all employees and attendees.
- Coordinate company branded promotional items for a variety of conferences.
- Work through contingency plans with vendors and attendees on re-booking of meetings or conferences.
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA, MS or other advanced degree a plus
- More than three years’ experience in special events planning and communications
- Previous experience in a high-tech, telecommunications or a global technology firm is critical
- Impeccable time management and organization skills with the ability to manage several tasks/projects simultaneously to meet deliverable deadlines - especially servicing a global clientele
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to interface with executive stakeholders and outside vendors with strong presentation skills
- Must be an expert with the MSOffice suite and have some proficiency in image creation products like Photoshop, Affinity Photo
- Ability to travel nationally/globally