Our client, a reputable Design and Engineering firm, with offices nation-wide, is seeking a full time Civil Engineer (PE) to join their award-winning team in DALLAS, TX. The Civil Engineer will be looked upon as the design leader/decision maker and be the primary resource for all things civil and will be responsible for leading the project design by managing resources, preparing specifications, and reviewing all aspects of for building and/or transportation projects.
YOU MUST BE A TEXAS LICENSED P.E. TO BE CONSIDERED!!!
The firm is known for their solid reputation to deliver excellent design solutions through a unique combination of state-of-the-art technology, innovative engineering, and a talented, highly qualified team. The firm drives and grows their business through current clients and their referrals. We are looking for someone that is polished and can be client-facing to their esteemed clientele. This is also a great opportunity to advance into a leadership role.
- Working with in-house disciplines for both A & E as the project engineer on transportation planning and engineering projects
- Perform all work related to design, specifications and estimate packages while also reviewing onsite construction
- Prepare geometric analysis & calculations in support of designs and establishing design criteria, methods, practices, and procedures
- Provide specific information on Utility Coordination and Relocation, Utility Conflict Resolution, Route Studies, Drainage and PS&E development
- Attend client meetings on occasion to share expertise and provide guidance
- Develop and maintain good client relationships
- Work with the sales team on delivering impactful presentations for new business
- Write and propose cost estimates for new projects
- Mentor, teach, and train junior engineers as needed
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an ABET Accredited College
- Registered Professional (PE license) required
- 5+ years of highway/roadway design experience is preferred
- Additional background in Land Development, Site Design, Grading and Drainage, Stormwater and Streetscapes Design
- Good knowledge of Zoning/Permitting and Municipal Coordination
- Passionate about managing projects and clients both internal and external
- Proactive, professional, timely, and detail-oriented approach to managing project schedules, and deliverables to exceed client expectations