Our Client is an elite organization relied upon to provide trustworthy, up to the minute reliable GIS data. We are currently recruiting a GIS Junior Analyst
for a significant new initiative and a statewide GIS implementation program. The Junior GIS analyst will be responsible for analyzing spatial data through mapping software and designing digital maps with geographic data and various other data sets.
This will be a 12-18 month project with the possibility to extend.
**The role will initially be remote, with an in-person requirement at the Austin, Texas office for customer facing meetings with stakeholders to ensure proper delivery to developers and other implementation consultants.
- Analyze Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data to identify spatial relationships or display results of analyses, using maps, graphs, or tabular data
- Maintain or modify existing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases
- Review existing or incoming data for accuracy, usefulness, quality, or completeness of documentation
- Discover patterns and trends through spatial mapping of data
- Capture requirements using industry and enterprise standard geographic information system development frameworks and tools
- Assist internal team with documentation, training, and usability efforts
- Technical writing for both project deliverables and supporting marketing planning and projects, as needed
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- BS/BA in Geography, Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field
- Either a combination of 1-3 years of education in Engineering, Geography, or other related fields and GIS experience, or of GIS certificate and engineering experience
- Advanced GIS software knowledge and experience including Esri GIS core products (e.g., ArcGIS, ArcGIS
- Online, Spatial Analyst)
- Familiarity with ArcGIS-based modeling
- Experience working in AutoCAD jointly with GIS products
- Some database management experience
- Must have an analytical mindset
- Some experience and exposure working with Agile and Waterfall projects is highly desirable
- Excellent communication/public speaking skills along with good technical documentation abilities
- Experience with Microsoft platform - SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Ability to multi-task and perform according to deadlines and release schedules