3-6 months (+ extension)
Our client requires a Network Engineer
for a contract position in Austin, TX
. The Consultant will be responsible for absorbing and expanding on existing network map data for a Core Switch Conversion Project. The ideal candidate will be able to make solid recommendations regarding Cisco switch hardware to replace existing redundant Cisco 6509 core switches.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or a related discipline preferred
- 8+ years of experience with Cisco network design and support
- 3+ years of experience working with OpenVPN and pfSense open source security devices
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Collaborate to pare down the configurations on the current core and provide a model for simplified configurations on the new core
- Collaborate to establish standardized switch configurations for roughly 50 similar Cisco 3750 switches in buildings across the campus
- Document all recommendations and changes made