DOD Purchasing Manager
Full Time Opportunity
Education and/or Experience:
Additional Compulsory Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications or related field
- Must have previous procurement experience in Government or have worked in a government contracting capacity
- 3+years of prior procurement and contract negotiation experience (DFAR/FAR)
- Some previous background in working in an Engineering or Aerospace environment is necessary
- PMP certification is highly desirable
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be eligible to obtain a Government Security Clearance
- Must be open to regional travel as required
We are currently recruiting for a DOD Purchasing Manager
based in Georgia.
Our client is a high profile technology services provider and the ideal candidate will be responsible for partnering with site level operations teams in order to execute and oversee all areas of a significant government acquisition process while negotiating vendor subcontracts. The DOD Purchasing Manager will be expected to work with key stakeholders including: Business Development, Program Management, Finance, Contracting, Engineering and Operations. This role will have a high level of visibility with exceptional abilities in negotiation, program/project management practices.
This position is a full-time permanent role with a solid compensation and benefits package and great opportunity for advancement.
**Must be US Citizen
for this role due to government contracts and security requirements
**Relocation Assistance available
for non-local candidates
Duties & Responsibilities:
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Evaluate and procure supplies according to company’s established policies and procedures
- Obtain written quotations from suppliers in support of a competitive and neutral bidding process
- Negotiate best pricing and lead-time with approved suppliers/vendors
- Ensure purchase order deliveries are expedited and on time
- Maintain department files (vendors, POs, etc)
- Consistently evaluate current vendors and new potential vendors for upcoming projects
- Provide regular briefings to executive management with respect to ongoing negotiations, updated practices