Our client is in need of Lead Cloud Architect
for their San Antonio, TX
office. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing, network connectivity along with identity and access management. You’ll be a key contributor/collaborator working on technologies that provide high security, scalability, performance, availability and agility. It’s an exciting area to drive new technologies, design solutions, and resolve complex issues throughout the organization.
This is an wonderful company with an excellent culture that hires the best and the brightest offering strong compensation packages, excellent benefits, interesting mentorship/leadership programs with incredible opportunities for advancement.
**Candidates must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents to be considered
**Relocation assistance WILL be provided for the ideal non-local candidate
- Design and manage cloud computing architectures by providing expertise on using modern cloud computing platforms to accelerate building and running applications in the cloud
- Build the cloud strategy, processes, governance as well as simplify implementations
- Evaluate and recommend product selection to ensure that organizational goals for security, reliability, and performance are achieved
- Oversee engineering, configuration, and infrastructure
- Work to further integrate security, audit, deployment, and logging tools
- Close access holes, report major security events, and implement remediation to prevent similar attacks
- Support engineering teams by creating or improving automation tools and systems
- Implement load balancers, application routers, and firewalls
- Make recommendations and develop implementation strategies for new technologies while driving the adoption of architecture standards and policies
- Ability to collaborate with various teams or projects and create reusable tools to meet those needs
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering – Master’s Degree preferred
- Certifications are a plus (Architecture, Development, Operations or DevOps cloud)
- 4+years of experience designing, executing and supporting IT cloud solutions
- Strong experience with AWS and Azure cloud platforms
- Good knowledge of at least one operating system: Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows
- Solid architecture & design experience in using virtualization technologies
- Good understanding of networking: TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, DNS
- Must have experience with Active Directory (configuration and analysis)
- Experience working on/with micro services architectures, web services, ReST APIs, API
- Scripting - Python/PowerShell/bash
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting and configuration management
- Good documentation habits and a methodical approach to problem-solving
- Comfortable using git in a multi-team setting
- Must be adaptable to an environment with shifting priorities and rapidly evolving technical requirements.
- A high-level understanding of firewalls, is imperative
- Experience with the Agile Methodology