Our client, a high profile trusted provider of insurance and annuity products is looking for a Reporting Analys
t to join their North Dallas team for a long-term project. The ideal candidate will be local to the Dallas, TX area and should be experienced with a wide variety of data related business needs, including maintaining the existing reporting infrastructure and building new solutions that meet future business needs.
**6 month contract opportunity with possibility of extension
**MUST BE US CITIZEN OR HAVE PERMANENT RESIDENCY TO APPLY
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Handle the entire lifecycle of report development
- Gathering requirements
- Understanding and identifying the data elements for reporting
- Create and maintain Lambda ETL jobs in AWS with Python, along with MSSQL ETL jobs
- Creating reports in Tableau
- Proactively identify and avert potential data and system issues
- Build systems to transform raw data into actionable business insights
- Monitor data sources in order to respond to data issues when they arise
- Coordinate the collection and validation of new data and refinement of existing data sources
- Troubleshoot and work to resolve production-level data and application issues found within the business systems
- Provide data and application validation support throughout the QA testing phase
- Lead design efforts for new technology solutions and major modifications to existing solutions
- Work to implement best practices wherever possible
- Work to define and enforce standards and conventions within data systems and products provided to applicable business units
- Ability to create, update, and share databases.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for databases and reporting procedures.
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- SSRS: 3 years (Preferred)
- MySQL: 3 years (Preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and AWS serverless services
- AWS Lambda and Python scripting exposure preferred
- Ability to use SQL and Microsoft Excel to create pivot tables, graphs, and charts
- Experience with multiple reporting and data visualization solutions, such as Tableau and SSRS