Our client is in need of a Technical Software Development Manager (Java) in their Pittsburgh, PA office that will be responsible for designing and implementing new programs to service a new vertical. The ideal candidate should have a strong technical background in software development along with some lead experience and ready to move into a management role. The Software Development Manager will be responsible for gathering the different pipelined ideas from multiple sources and defining and designing the ideas from a technical standpoint and managing the development team to production.
This is an exciting opportunity to help create a new team and join a winning organization, that offers a lot of opportunity for growth and advancement. An attractive compensation package (base and bonus) along with incredible benefits and other creative perks, makes this a sought after opportunity with an amazing corporation who cares about a strong vision and culture.
**Relocation assistance may be provided for the ideal non-local candidate
**only CITIZENS or GREEN CARD HOLDERS will be considered
- Oversee the development and implementation of multiple, complex, organization-wide systems while guiding team members
- Provide general design of software solutions using existing and emerging technology platforms (web and mobile applications)
- Provide guidance on improving other areas like online portals and enhancements for functionality and adding new features to enhance the customer experience
- Collaborate with other teams to create design documents, and perform code reviews with the team
- Propose & design software solutions to address complex business needs
- Provide technical oversight for applications which are developed internally as well as 3rd party applications
- Responsible for allocating and coordinating resources during the application development life cycle of all projects
- Maintain relationships with internal clients to ensure implementations are completed according to schedule
- Provide recommendations to senior management on complicated technology issues relating to the implementation of the products
- Ensure team members prepare technical and procedural documentation required for software that is implemented
- Apply best practices in working with all web applications and proprietary systems
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering OR equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of Software Development – specifically in JAVA, Spring Boot Architecture, GIT, CI/CD Pipeline, API Microservices
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership/management role
- Experience with the Agile Methodology
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex, geographically dispersed organization