Our client, a leader in Healthcare Performance Improvement is currently in need of a Senior Cloud Engineer
for their office in Charlotte North Carolina.
Our client supports Hospitals and assists with the delivery of education regarding systems, group savings, drug pricing, FDA regulations, product recalls, etc. The Sr. Cloud Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, securing, and managing private and public cloud infrastructure.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Plays a key role in the technical deployment for new application initiatives.
- Ensures software development pipeline, testing, code repository, and issue tracking systems integrate well with cloud platforms.
- Responsible for overall strategy for moving and integrating all applications to cloud-native platforms.
- Provides project leadership and training for gathering, design, planning, coordination, upgrades, or changes to the organization’s computing environment.
- Collaborates with development leads and architects to ensure the IT best practices for security, governance, identity and access management monitoring.
- Works with development iteration teams in an agile environment including but not limited to attending/stand ups, product meetings and involvement with sprint tasks.
- Partners with security team to document current methods and explore new means to perform vulnerability assessment (VA) in cloud environments.
- Ensures platform availability with proper monitoring of key events and alerting to appropriate service owners for conditions that can result in degradation or downtime of services.
- Leads project teams by working closely with internal and external customers and vendors providing proposals and analysis for operational improvement.
- Assists development teams with self-service and API call challenges.
- Reviews incident trends and proactively registers problems while implementing changes to address risks and inefficiencies.
- Serves as an escalation point for troubleshooting problems, and the rapid restoration of production service incidents.
- Drives continuous improvement in patch management processes and vulnerability management policy.
- Provides structure for 24 hour on call support for incident management and service restoration on a rotational basis
- Provides day-to-day guidance and coaching to cross-functional team members, Engineers, Administrators and Associates.
- Maintains a keen market awareness of cloud platform alternatives and differentiators to communicate a rationalized Cloud roadmap.
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of Applicable Experience
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Understanding of Application delivery concepts via cloud-native and traditional infrastructure platforms
- Experience with computing stacks, Scripting, Automation and Orchestration, Configuration Management, Cloud Networking for Security, Devops, Governance and Financial Analysis.