Come be part of this growing and progressive team!! Our client is adding a Lead Network/Systems Engineer
to assist their clientele across the NY, PA, OH and FL markets. The Lead Network Engineer will be working REMOTELY initially with the ability to be 1 hour away from NYC office.
The Lead Network/Systems Engineer will be called upon to resolve escalated issues from other Engineers and Support level personnel. Occasional travel to client sites in the chosen location will be necessary with some other client offices in other states as necessary with overnight travel as required.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a innovative organization that continues to invest in their employees, their services and their infrastructure. The client’s headquarters are located in NY and they have team members and customers across the US.
- Plan, manage, implement and install, upgrades, or new deployment projects
- Troubleshoot and resolve client network/system issues
- Provide on-site direction for additional tech support staff
- Complete projects within deadlines, using proper solutions, while tracking time and resources in an organized fashion
- Communicate project status and completions accurately and timely
- Monitor the health of client’s infrastructure and work to resolve emergency alerts
- Create and maintain accurate documentation on all infrastructure areas, policies, procedures
- Identify client needs and design, propose, and implement solutions
- Establish, maintain, and increase client satisfaction through professional, courteous, and caring service
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- College or University degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Industry-relevant certifications are highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Network Administration and Engineering with detailed architecture experience
- Competence in at least one programming language with the ability to automate system administration tasks
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in Microsoft Windows Server/Desktop Operating Systems, OS Image Deployments, Group Policy, Exchange/Office 365/Google Apps, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SQL Server, Remote Desktop Services, SharePoint, VMWare/Hyper-V Servers and virtualized systems, Azure/AWS/Google cloud services, Enterprise Antivirus/Antispam solutions, backup technologies, redundant systems, disaster recovery implementation/failover experience and network monitoring applications
- Extensive experience with networking technologies including firewalls/routers/switches/wireless systems (Adtran, Cisco, Extreme, Fortinet, Juniper, SonicWALL, etc.), HA, VLANs, STP, stacking configurations, routing protocols such as EIGRP and OSPF, VPNs, IDS/IPS, and web filtering, in addition to implementing and managing LANs/WANs, ISP circuits and wireless network authentication and security using 802.1x and WPA2
- Experience with VOIP systems and concepts, including QOS implementations, troubleshooting voice network quality issues such as jitter and latency using packet capture tools, configuring FXO/FXS gateways, e-fax configurations, building IVR/Auto Attendant programming, call routing, and implementation/migration to new VOIP systems
- Experience with Case Management and Document Management Systems is highly preferred
- Experience writing technical assessments and project proposals
- Strong communication and customer facing skills is a must
- Exceptional time and task management skills
- Strategic thinking skills with the ability to work with and maintain confidential data
- Strong communication and client facing skills required
- Some previous leadership and mentoring experience preferred