Our client, is in need of a Sr. DBA - Azure
for a long-term project in Austin, TX. The Contractor will be on-site to perform advanced database administration tasks for databases used by the applications with complex data models, workflows and reports. This position will need hands-on experience as a developer of relational databases in Azure/SQL server as well as experience in the management and administration of SQL databases in an IaaS/PaaS environment.
- Planning, creating, maintenance and monitoring logical and physical data models.
- Database tuning, indexing, data modeling, prototyping, customization, installations, troubleshooting, upgrades, patching, user management, security of data at rest and in motion, disaster recovery, clustering for high availability and load balancing, data backup, purging and archiving, implementation of database policies, data replication and backup to secondary sites like disaster recovery environments, procedures for the integrity, availability and confidentiality of the sensitive and business critical databases.
- Ensure user interfaces for database administration and inputting, viewing, outputting data (via reports) are compliant with accessibility standards.
- Azure SQL Server installation, administration and maintenance.
- Implement and maintain data security protocols for sensitive data & PII.
- Provide support to users in obtaining data / information when EIR Accessibility issues arise.
This is a great opportunity to showcase your abilities within a high-profile client. The Sr. DBA must be able to work under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field
- At least 8 years of experience working in Database Administration capacity
- Must have EIR Accessibility standards and assistive technologies
- Azure/SQL Server DBA Experience in an IaaS/PaaS environment
- Azure/SQL Server monitoring and performance tuning
- Experience with T/SQL, SQL, DML, DDL and DCL
- RDBMS admin/console tools such as TOAD or SSMS
- Experience with Azure Data Factory and/or SSIS
- Project leadership and implementation
- Experience with data pipelines and ETL data structures
- Knowledge of Agile methodology