The telecommunications industry is undergoing an evolution in preparation for the commercialization of 5G. The fifth generation of mobile communication networks promises to deliver faster speeds, shorter delays and increased connectivity. To make good on these promises, several network operators are looking to leverage microservices in developing a 5G architecture.
Our client is a well-established High Tech global company. The team is growing at warp speed and they are in need of a Sr. Architect – 5G Network Development
in their Dallas, TX office
. The candidate will be working REMOTELY in DALLAS, Texas during Covid protocols and will return to their office when proper clearance in place.
The ideal candidate will have a background in mobile network technology with strong experience in Cloud-Native/NFV Technologies, IMS, Packet Core and should be an expert in debugging & isolating network and product issues with microservice mobile network development. The Architect should be well-versed in the Design and Development of Public/Private clouds like AWS, Azure, OpenStack with an in-depth knowledge of Kubernetes.
If you are excited about solving problems and shaping the future of technology on a global scale, we would love to talk with you! Genius Road works with the world’s largest companies and government agencies to enable innovation at scale using Cloud Native technologies.
- Oversee design of network layout and deployment architecture while setting the technical direction
- Drive development of virtualized mobile core products for carrier networks with microservices applications
- Work closely with the engineering team to discuss and understand product requirements
- Contribute to the Design of the Components involved in the Kubernetes platform
- Technically manage a group of senior software developers, resolving design and implementation issues
- Support the deployment of software in production network
- Work closely with QA teams and operations to drive the timely and quality release of platform and features
- Provide oversight and mentorship to junior engineers on software engineering techniques and technology
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or related field
- 7+years of experience in development/architecture
- Deep experience with cloud platforms and microservices application architecture
- 3+ years of experience with Kubernetes and Docker containers
- Previous experience in Linux systems administration in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Strong debugging skills and hands-on experience with public/private clouds
- Previous experience building RESTful APIs Web Services
- Previous experience working in an Agile and CI/CD environment
- Must have a strong understanding of Network Policy Control and architecture along with storage interfaces
- Some knowledge of SCM tools (e.g. Git, Atlassian) for software development
- Good development experience with either C/C++, Java, Go, Python, Ruby
- Flexible with experience on either AWS, Azure, and/or Google cloud platforms
- Previous experience in a high-tech, global technology firm is highly desirable
- Any experience in 5G technology is also highly desirable
- Must be a hands-on team player, motivated and able to be flexible with work-hours servicing a global clientele