Our client, is in need of a Sr. DBA
for a long-term project in Austin, TX. The Contractor will be on-site to perform highly complex DB2 database administration work.
- Coordinating the planning, development, maintenance, and monitoring of integrated database systems
- Evaluating and reviewing database policies and procedures
- Maintaining data integrity
This is a great opportunity to showcase your abilities within a high-profile client. The Sr. DBA must be able to work under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field
- At least 8 years of experience working in DB2 Administration
- Extensive knowledge performing complex analysis, troubleshooting, and maintenance of DB2 LUW database systems on AIX and Microsoft Windows
- Extensive experience implementing and maintaining High Availability (HA), Disaster Recovery (DR), and report options for databases
- Extensive experience with customer analysis, business and functional needs, system provisioning/configuration/administration, and problem resolution
- Extensive knowledge performing database development to include data modeling, systems integrations using ETL tools, API’s and techniques
- Extensive knowledge performing complex Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) activities, implementing efficiency improvements
- Strong knowledge of the system development life cycle
- Good working experience/knowledge with multiple platforms including AIX, Linux, and Windows Server including storage management
- Basic knowledge of cloud computing especially related to database infrastructure design and management, and security