Sr. Network Systems Engineer
Remote, in Austin TX until COVID requires in-office
Daily Duties and Deliverables:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field
- At least 8 years of experience in network and systems administration
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft O365 architecture (cloud and hybrid cloud/on-prem solutions)
- Certification in Microsoft O365
- Cisco certifications highly desirable – CCNA, CNE, CCNP etc.
- Extensive experience administering and managing all aspects of a Microsoft Active Directory Domain environment (AD, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, SMTP, E-mail, Certificate Authorities, Office 365 environment and suite of products, SQL, SSRS)
- Experience with Cisco Meraki and other network and security appliances, services, and environments
- Experience capturing, analyzing, and monitoring network traffic and network packets
- Provide high-level support of the design, operation, security and stability of servers and network infrastructure
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve system hardware, software, and networking issues
- Configure automation routines using scripting and other programming languages such as SQL and PowerShell
- Ensure strong capacity planning activities to enhance the performance of network resources
- Perform client testing, server patching and deployment assistance
- Monitor the status of the network to ensure that all devices are working properly; make upgrades and repairs as needed
- Monitor the performance of backup, recovery, and archival of files stored on the network
- Maintain the network’s physical and logical structures, including all network connections
- Maintains the operating system and security software utilized on the network, including the addition of new users to the network and the establishment of rights and privileges.
- Install, configure, maintain, and administer servers, operating systems, and applications
- Coordinate with third-party vendor on network maintenance, troubleshooting, and remediation
- Provide high level Help Desk support as needed
- Administer and support Office 365, Office 365 Azure and Microsoft Exchange (mailbox creation, permissions and folder security) including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Design, administer, migrate and manage cloud services AWS, Azure, Microsoft 365.
- Administer and manage a VMware ESX host environment
**This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new project rollout. The position offers a solid compensation package with some additional advancement/extension opportunities into other departments if interested.
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.