Lead Infrastructure Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity with a significant growth trajectory, offering an excellent compensation package and fully compensated benefits among other sensational company perks!!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a related field (may consider extensive experience in lieu of formal education)
- 4+ years of Networking Administration and Security Experience
- 4+ years of Unix/Linux Administration Experience
- 3+ years of Amazon Web Services Administration (RDS / Orchestration )
- Experience with Advance Disaster Recovery and Data Protection
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, and team oriented
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex, geographically dispersed organizations
- Postgres Administration Experience
- Integrated Circuits experience (Managing Firmware etc. )
- Networking Instrumentation
- Experience working with Restful APIs
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Infrastructure Engineer
to add to the technical team for our growing client in Austin, TX
. With existing locations in TN and NY they are expanding the Austin hub and centralize operations to lead the ongoing support and development of the entire physical hardware estate. Our client currently has a hybrid infrastructure approach utilizing both cloud providers as well as purpose-built, site specific data centers.
The ideal candidate will have a background in network and systems engineering with the ability to be hands-on and lead a team while building strong relationships across multiple business units.
**The Candidate must have demonstrated experience successfully leading or managing data center infrastructure support areas and network operations.
- Manage the ongoing support and development of the company’s physical hardware estate
- Provide infrastructure support to the development team throughout the entire SDLC
- Drive process improvements and IT service optimization Operational / Delivery Management / Network and Data Security Protocols
- Develop and manage strategic technology plans and roadmaps while implementing the Operating Model from a Networking Perspective
- Ensure a strong plan for disaster recovery
- Develop detailed capacity plan and monitor to ensure achieving optimal performance
- Develop metrics and proper reporting tools to ensure effective management of all designated areas
- Promote and ensure strong documentation of procedures
- Provide hands-on technical support to internal and external clients
- Review and analyze current data and procedures while mitigating risks and vulnerabilities
- Perform ongoing investigations, data loss prevention activities, data manipulation, and coordination of other activities relating to security integrity as necessary
- Assist with managing financial budgets: capital, expense and in-servicing
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Networking - Meraki, Cisco
- Languages - Bash, Python, Perl
- Orchestration - CloudFormation / Terraform