Our client, is in need of a Sr. Business Analyst
for a long-term exciting project onsite in Austin, TX.
The ideal Candidate will have strong exposure and background with state government systems and good expertise in essential areas of identifying report requirements, extracting complex data reports, and analyzing and summarizing key data points.
The primary goal will be to assist in enhancements to a legacy third party system. The Sr. BA will be working with the Information Technology Department’s junior analysts and developers to ensure updated reporting needs for the program. The very ideal candidate would have some prior experience with federal Food & Nutrition systems or programs but this is not a requirement.
If you love solving problems, you are a team player and you can manage your time effectively to meet deadlines all while juggling to ensure projects are clearly mapped for development and implemented successfully, then this role is for you! It’s an exciting new project being rolled out locally to then federal initiatives and that will be 12months to start with a 2 year renewal option.
- Collaborate with clients, technicians, and managerial staff to evaluate business processes
- Document specific requirements
- Uncover areas for improvement
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
- Perform requirements analysis
- Effectively communicate all requirements to cross-functional team members and management
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produce useful reports
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Facilitate user acceptance testing
- Help prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements
- Serve as a liaison between stakeholders and users
- Monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion/implementation of projects
- Document relevant data reporting elements
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field
- At least 10+ years of experience in a Business Analyst role with strong SQL analysis
- At least 2+ years of experience in supporting large government initiatives (project monitoring, communications, escalations, etc)
- Preferred experience with Colyar-based child nutrition programs software
- Previous Project management expertise working with various stakeholders
- Experience working on projects utilizing Agile project management methodologies
- Strong experience with Microsoft toolset – Word, Project, Visio, Excel
- Excellent communication skills – written/verbal