Technical Support Manager
The Technical Support Manager is responsible for managing a team of client facing technical support professionals. This position is responsible for supervising, motivating and representing the technical support team along with managing the day to day duties of each team member ensuring that each customer interaction is exceeding customer and company expectations. The Technical Support Manager will be a key member of the IT team whose aim is to provide a high level of hands-on support for IT services while helping to minimize business disruptions and enhance the user experience.
- Manage the daily operations for the department while providing in-depth technical support, for new and existing clients across all business lines.
- Be a technical expert and assist team in supporting all infrastructure, products and solutions offered by the firm.
- Manage deployment and support of PCs and end-user technologies
- Coordinate support activities/tickets and schedules across the Helpdesk group.
- Provide system administration services including user accounts management, Data Integrity setup, database administration.
- Evaluate the day to day practices related to the IT infrastructure projects while ensuring compliant to company’s policies and procedures.
- Build/cultivate a team with clear roles and common goals.
- Provide regular feedback, coaching and development of team members’ skillsets.
- Lead, or participate in, local and global system implementation projects as required.
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in technical operations roles
- 3+ years of supervisory experience managing IT resources
- Proficient with IT technologies related to networking, servers, databases, security and applications.
- Prior experience within a medical operating environment familiar with FDA/HIPPA regulations preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communication and written documentation skills.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems through root cause analysis, management by fact and collaboration across a wide population.
- Ability to make swift and sound decisions that demonstrate both strategic and tactical analytical and leadership skills.
- Ability to as act as a trusted advisor at all organizational levels, including ability to develop and deliver substantive presentations to executive leadership.
- Strong consensus building ability with effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite products, including but not limited to Visio, Excel, SharePoint and Project.
- Ability to travel approximately 15% to multiple locations.