Our client is a well-established High Tech global company operating in more than 100 countries. The team is growing and they are in need of a Global Import/Export Specialist
to assist the procurement office with agreements and contracts related to international trade initiatives. The ideal candidate will be sharp, able to think clearly and quickly through scenarios, be detailed, organized and a “legal contract law junkie” ready to protect all corporate assets! The work you do saves our client from being penalized by the government for improper trading, which can cost thousands of dollars.
As an expert on all US import and export laws, you will guide the organization in all international trade matters. Not only will you ensure that all the company's products comply with the law, you will constantly have your ear to the ground to hear about changes in government trade regulations. You will also work with a wide range of regulatory agencies, including government bodies from the US and abroad, as well as vendors, clients, and manufacturers.
Come be part of a company with cutting-edge technology and the most innovative products. They offer a strong compensation package, incredible benefits and an inclusive culture that values diversity due to their international workforce.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related discipline
- Previous background in supply chain management
- 3+ years’ experience specifically in similar global trade compliance capacity
- Experience working with US Customs regulations and Foreign Trade regulations for software/hardware products
- Impeccable time management and organization skills with the ability to manage several tasks/projects simultaneously to meet deliverable deadlines
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to interface with executive stakeholders
- Must be an expert with the MSOffice suite
- Must be a strong collaborative team-player, self-motivated and have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, global environment
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Prepare proper documentation on import/export activities
- Utilize Trade Compliance Software to perform audits of import/export entries
- Monitor procedures used by other facilities and vendors to ensure compliance with U.S. and other governmental trade regulations
- Develop corrective actions resulting from deviations to audit standards
- Perform investigations pertaining to trade compliance with applicable import/export laws
- Execute operational processes and procedures, providing guidance to customs brokers on customs information and ensure efficient goods movement
- Maintain records of import documents and monitor compliance of export documentation retention
- Assist in creation and updating of SOP’s to ensure documented policies reflect current practice
- Participate in Other audit activities as assigned by the Trade Compliance Manager or Procurement Manager