**Sr. Executive Level Requirement**
**Only qualified applicants should apply**
Our client, a leader in Healthcare Services, Education and Performance Improvement is currently in need of a Director, Healthcare Information Management
for their Fort Worth facility.
Our client operates and supports a large network of medical facilities around the Region and this is a crucial role to assist at a high level in their advancement and growth initiatives. The Director HIM will be responsible for assessing, planning, organizing, evaluating and controlling operations for the Health Information Management department.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Oversees day-to-day activities as well as establishes standards and expectations for the department by monitoring departmental personnel, supply and capital budget.
- Prepares and administers departmental performance evaluations with respect to Coding, Revenue Integrity and Scanning/Document compliance.
- Identifies new technology, services, and programs that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of departmental operations and plans for effective implementation of such.
- Promotes departmental and organizational activities for providing courteous customer service to patients, families, visitors and external customers.
- Fosters good Leadership Development activities while implementing strategies and processes to improve employee morale and performance.
- Communicates and collaborates with other revenue cycle team members to facilitate and expedite the billing of patient accounts.
- Collaborates with clinical staff to promote effective documentation to meet clinical needs and compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Supports HIM managers and staff to enable them to work effectively and promotes a departmental atmosphere of professionalism, accountability with growth and development.
- Works with the executive director in preparing department operating budgets on an annual basis and monitors areas of responsibility for compliance within current budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management from an accredited college or university (Master’s degree preferred)
- 7+ years’ of experience in a management or supervisory role in an HIM department in an acute care setting.
***Will consider candidates with an Associate’s Degree with 10+ years of experience in a management capacity within a HIM department
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Current certification through the Commission on Certification for Health Informatics and Information Managements (CCHIIM) as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
- Knowledge of HIM standards and practices and State, Federal, and regulatory requirements.
- Experience with performance improvement methodology and evaluation.
- Comfortable with computer systems, software, technology and automated systems.
- Skilled at communicating, coaching and providing feedback to persons representing varied educational levels and cultural backgrounds.
- Skilled at exercising tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex, and confidential issues and situations.
- Must have good time management abilities to prioritize, organize and coordinate multiple work areas and assignments under a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Proven ability to research situations, analyze, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Experience in leading presentations and conducting training sessions at all levels within the organization.