Our client, a Medical Center for Oregon's Southern Coast, is need of a
Director of Clinical Training and Development.
This is key role with tremendous visibility reporting directly to Executive Leadership. A great opportunity to make a difference with the organization and the community. The ideal candidate will have at a minimum of six years’ experience in an Acute Care Setting and also some experience leading programs for professional development of staff and patients (both clinical and non-clinical). Our client offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic and therapeutic services and a state of the art facility.
*Relocation Assistance will be provided for the ideal non-local candidate
** The Coastal Area offers an extraordinary quality of life, attracting many future residents and businesses to the area with an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, a world-class golf resort, excellent educational opportunities and state of the art medical facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Skills and Abilities
- Develop and lead education initiatives for internal staff, patients and overall community
- Implement learning events/programs/interventions to meet assessed needs
- Consult on the development and maintenance of coursework related to clinical and non-clinical training across departments
- Continuously evaluate effectiveness of programs though collection and analysis and relevant metrics
- Collaborate with leadership team, physicians and board of directors to determine needs and priorities for community education
- Build strategic partnerships with local and regional healthcare and academic institutions to provide ongoing learning and training opportunities for staff
- Collaborate with the HR team to assure the educational components of the on-boarding process meet the needs of the organization and the new hires.
- Work with other functional teams to develop the necessary strategies as it relates to professional development
- Facilitate the development of internal communication strategies as well as manage community-specific training engagements
- Track metrics for assigned programs
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Education or related field
- At least 3 years of experience as an RN in acute medical setting
- At least 2 years of supervisory/leadership experience in personnel management and developing education programs
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines under pressure