Our healthcare client, is in need of a Cloud Database Engineer
for a long-term project in Austin, TX
**The Contractor will initially work offsite, however, once staff are allowed to return to the office this position will also be required to report in person.
Our client is an elite organization relied upon to provide trustworthy, up to the minute data regarding infectious diseases and infection rates related to a variety of initiatives. The Contractor will be working with health care administrators and manipulating a large amount of data located on legacy and disparate systems and databases. This is a significant initiative to reduce the cumbersome manual processes and re-engineer a state of the art program to improve the efficiency of current processes.
The project aims to create a data analytics platform plus data governance for a new and improved platform to facilitate the sharing, reporting, and analytics of the data collected and communicated accordingly.
- Data modeling, data profiling, data quality, data validation, data curation and data transformation
- Assist with analytics use with off the shelf reporting tools like SAS, SPSS, Tableau, ARCgis
- Assist with publishing as needed to Tableau and/or ARCgis servers or other web platforms
- Resolve any data source ingestion issues
- Operationalize ingestion of new data sources as needed
- Validation of performance metric requirements
- Creation and validation of dashboard and report mock-ups
- Automation of data acquisition from a variety of data sources
- Effectively manage multiple responsibilities, prioritize conflicting assignments, and switch quickly between assignments, as required.
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field
- At least 7 years of experience working in Database Engineering capacity
- Experience as a data engineer implementing data pipelines for a data mart or a data warehouse.
- Experience in interfacing with tools such as Informatica PowerCenter and Informatica Data Quality jobs.
- Experience designing highly scalable ETL processes with complex data transformations, data formats including error handling and monitoring
- Experience in implementing data pipelines using cloud native services on any one of the major cloud platforms
- Hands-on experience implementing solutions using Snowflake utilities, SnowSQL, and SnowPipe.
- Prior experience in the Healthcare Industry
- Experience working in an Agile sprint team