Our client, is in need of a Data Governance Specialist
for a long-term project in Austin, TX starting in January 2021. This is a 9-12 month project with the possibility to extend. This is a key role part of the Data Governance team to work in collaboration with several other agencies dealing with a large amount of analytics to enable proper decision making for implementing new systems. The Data Governance specialist will be performing senior-level business process analysis, data analysis and advice for a variety of programs on system-wide data initiatives.
The Contractor will be working REMOTELY until staff are allowed to return to the office and will then be required to report onsite at the Austin, TX office.
- Analyzing business processes to determine how data is generated, used or exchanged across the organization
- Identify opportunities to reuse data or business processes to achieve program objectives
- Facilitate data-driven decision making through advancing the consistency and quality of the organization’s data
- Perform data and process analysis to identify and assess errors and anomalies and determine root cause
- Work with data owners to correct data generation/collection and business processes
- Analyze and standardize data in large enterprise management systems
- Document data processes and prepare reports
- Develop test plans and test case scenarios aligned with requirements
- Ensure proper execution of test scenarios, and documentation of test results
*Preference will be given to candidates that have previous experience working with large government entities with data manipulation and analyses
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field
- Must have a minimum of 7 years in Systems Analysis or Data Analytics type of role
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with a non-technical audience to understand business needs and explain complex systems and technical topics in clear and concise manner
- Experience with Informatica or other ETL tools to perform data reconciliation, data standardization, data cleansing, risk data warehousing, and data mapping analysis for data translation activities
- Experience with JIRA software
- Strong experience with IT SDLC phases and processes
- Experience working with project teams utilizing Agile project management principles/methodology