Our client, a renowned health benefits company supplying customers with discount medical and lifestyle benefits is currently in need of a Business Development Manager
to support their Head Office in Dallas.
They offer a fun, business casual environment with a strong company culture focused on employee engagement and recognition. A competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits plan (paid vacation, holidays, 401k with matching, company profit sharing, health/dental, life insurance) in addition to other daily/weekly perks contribute to a strong culture, being a main factor in ensuring low employee turnover.
The Business Development Manager
will be responsible for growing business with existing client base while also identifying new clients by planning and delivering product and marketing presentations.
- Consult with clients on benefit programs and useful marketing approaches to ensure goals are met while helping them address their sales and operational challenges
- Builds relationships and helps collaborate and implement strong sales and marketing plans
- Assists internal employees with escalated client-related issues to educate on client demands
- Finalizes deals, creates summary to ensure smooth transition to Account Executive
- Sets implementation/workflow expectations with the client and collects pertinent information to identify client deliverables based on marketing strategy
- Compiles monthly and annual activity and debriefing reports for review
- Performs monthly activity reviews to determine account activity, benefit utilization, and renewal status
- Coordinates and facilitates conference call and webinar training for new client offices and staff, as well as assisting Sales with prospective client calls when needed
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of healthcare/discount/insurance industry
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in insurance sales and marketing with an emphasis on traditional worksite
- TX Life and Health Insurance license highly desirable
- Marketing and group insurance sales a plus
- Strong facilitation, analytical and project management skills
- Excellent customer and client service skills with resilience to effectively handle problems and accept constructive criticism
- Ability to develop credibility and rapport with people at all organizational levels
- Outgoing, proactive, aggressive and competitive attitude
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to excellence in quality and service
- Ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information quickly without sacrificing quality and detail
- Require minimal supervision
- Dress, appearance and behavior reflect favorably on the organization
- Superior organizational skills/ability to manage details
- Strong critical thinking skills,
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Computer Skills: Windows Environment, strong MS Office skills, Internet, and proprietary databases
- Travel required up to 50%, or as necessary