Our client is in need of a Global Information Security Manager and Deputy CISO
for their SOC in their Phoenix office. The Global Information Security Manager will be responsible for providing senior level input and oversight of all analyses and products of the Global Threat Management (GTM) team.
The global environment in which we operate in poses a whole new set of challenges. Details of breaches publicized this year will suggest that financially motivated, targeted attacks are increasing, and the criminal profile is shifting - from random disorganized hackers to well-funded organized crime groups. As threats widen from technical and infrastructure threats to those affecting applications, data and people, the role of new security functions is also evolving from being IT focused to becoming a business centric issue. Hence, the Global Information Security Manager will lead a team to detect actionable security events and to implement, sustain, administer and operate security technologies world-wide.
This is a full-time opportunity with a well-respected global organization who offers an attractive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, bonus incentives and equity options. This is an organization that has a strong culture with minimal turnover. People are HAPPY and they stay! The position will be based in the Phoenix, Arizona area to manage the team. The company will also pay for relocation or a sign on bonus. Come check out this amazing opportunity, work with true game changers and cutting-edge technology.
- Lead the team supporting Information Security initiatives and service delivery domestically and internationally to ensure initiatives are running effectively and in compliance to governance controls
- Develop team charter and scope for projects, and manage/supervise resource allocations, & workload balance across a group/team of up to ~15-20 people (including middle managers supervising their own departments)
- Responsible for definition and implementation of production support processes such as incident management, problem management, change management, release management, service improvement
- Own resolution of production incidents and Serve as Global SME for escalations during high priority incidents and problem recovery activities
- Manage security operations projects, including process improvement and technology investments
- Identify areas of process improvement - maintenance, administration, pre/post patching activities, deployments & configuration management
- Proactive & creative development of engineering practices and automation/tools to enhance team productivity
- Recruit, build, mentor and sustain a high-performance team
- Perform delivery management functions in an on-shore off-shore model, collaborating with US Technology Managers and key Business Proponents to identify and execute appropriate projects
- Establish operating metrics and provide status reporting on projects, and continuous improvement efforts
- Evaluate and enhance the organization’s threat defense program
- Stay abreast of the latest industry security practices and technologies and recommend security improvements based on current trends
- Plan, direct and coordinate the organization's information security policies, setting procedures and guidelines to ensure that all information systems are functional, secure and safeguarded throughout and in compliance with privacy, customer trust and information security laws and regulations
- Provide leadership as well as insuring the technical and administrative support for the development of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity programs for the organization
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science - Master’s Degree is preferred
- At least 2 of the following certifications: CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA, CompTIA Security+
- 10+ years of experience in the security operations environment
- At least 3+ years of prior experience as a global SOC manager, supporting globally distributed organizations
- Demonstrated experience overseeing technical response teams while prioritizing time-sensitive tasks
- Strong previous experience with Advance Disaster Recovery and Data Protection in the financial services industry
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, and team oriented
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex, geographically dispersed organizations