Our client is in need of an Incident Response and Cyber Defense Manager
for their Phoenix area office. The Manager will be responsible for coordinating and aligning the key resources and team members during a cyber security incident to minimize impact and restore operations to this global organization as quickly as possible. The crucial functions of the team include investigation and analysis, communication, training, and awareness as well as documentation and timeline development.
This is a full-time opportunity, and the ideal candidate will be required to be based in the Phoenix, Arizona office
to manage the SOC. The ideal candidate may request a relocation package and will have 6 months to relocate from anywhere in the USA. This well-respected global organization offers an attractive compensation (base, bonus, equity) along with a comprehensive benefits package. The team has low-turnover, and a solid culture where the everyone gets to work and play with cutting edge-technology, and a team that is focused on innovation and collaboration! Come check it out.
- Manage and develop a strong team of cybersecurity analysts and engineers
- Manage security operations projects, including process improvement and technology investment for security monitoring, incident response functions
- Plan, direct and coordinate the organization's information security policies, setting procedures and guidelines to ensure that all information systems are functional, secure and safeguarded throughout and in compliance with privacy, customer trust and information security laws and regulations
- Work on determining acceptable risk levels for the enterprise and ensuring the IT environments are adequately protected from potential risks and threats
- Oversee incident response planning and the investigation of security breaches
- Assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with any security breaches
- Support improved data security awareness and education including on-call availability
- Stay abreast of the latest industry security practices and technologies and recommend security improvements based on current trends
- Provide leadership as well as insuring the technical and administrative support for the development of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity programs for the organization
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, OR equivalent work experience
- 8 + years of experience in overall security operations, detection, incident response, and threat intelligence
- 2+ years of experience in Incident Response or similar role in a large, complex and global organization
- 4+ years people management/leadership experience with proven experience to lead, motivate and direct a staff of 10+
- CISSP, CISM or other advanced security certifications are a plus
- Proven experience in deploying anti-phishing programs, data protection protocols and advance disaster recovery systems
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, and team oriented
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Strong project management, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex, geographically and dispersed organization