Employee Benefits Paralegal
North Dallas area
Our client, a leader in Healthcare IT Solutions is growing their Dallas office! A relatively young company with already over 100 employees globally, they are expanding again and looking to add an Employee Benefits Paralegal to their US team.
The ideal candidate has worked in the area of ERISA and other employee benefits law. The candidate should have at least 2-3 years of experience in a compliance area with the ability to provide general employee benefits advice internally and to the client base. The employee benefits paralegal assists the legal/executive team with the comprehension of complex federal, state, and local laws that relate to employee benefits, such as retirement benefits, health benefits, pensions and workers compensation with a keen interest in employment and workplace-related issues.
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline with strong academic credentials
- Paralegal certificate
- Experience with internet research, LEXIS/NEXIS, Westlaw
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to interact with clients and attorneys
- Must have qualified plan work and health care experience
- Must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and possess exceptional attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to meet deadlines
- Has excellent communication abilities and strong writing skills
- Must be creative in working with clients, attorneys, and in-house executive team