Our client is looking for a dynamic, energetic Sr. Desktop / Help Desk Technician
who welcomes all challenges with a smile and a positive attitude! Do you enjoy using a wide variety of technological resources to meet and exceed client goals and expectations as well as improve process efficiency? Are you looking to be technically challenged and work in a fast-paced atmosphere, dedicated to exceeding client expectations of excellence? Are you looking for a company that believes in promoting from within, and the only limitation is defined by you? If so, this is the right opportunity for you!
The Sr. Desktop / Help Desk Technician we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects with minimal supervision, providing support to personnel and other associated affiliates, from junior staff to Senior Managers.
**NO JOB HOPPERS PLEASE (At least 2 years in a previous role to be considered)
Sr. IT Desktop / Help Desk Technician
- Perform technical support (in person, on the phone, and via remote sessions).
- Resolve complex issues and work to prevent from happening again.
- Assist with triaging incoming issues via email as necessary.
- Consistently provide five-star customer service and work to exceed customer’s expectations.
- Work with the Service Desk Team to reduce the number of escalations.
- Consistently meet SLAs around onboarding and offboarding users
- Ensure tickets are updated with detailed technical notes and are resolved correctly.
- Assist with inventory management for deployed hardware.
- Setup, image and ship new machines to remote locations. Perform testing and complete checklists to ensure consistency and high-quality.
- Assist with updating and creation of knowledge base articles.
- Perform basic to advanced PC, Printer, and phone repairs.
- Create work orders for scheduling on site engineers as necessary
- Assist with security related issues
- Manage ticket queue (Incidents, Service Requests) ensuring tickets are updated and responded to in a timely manner.
- Assist with new hire training, orientation, and documentation.
- Install and configure a wide-range of software applications (including engineering software)
- Assist with getting hardware specs and researching new technology
- Collaborate with coworkers on projects and ongoing support issues
- Challenge the status quo. Identify and execute on improvement opportunities.
- Provide monthly operational data for reporting / trending purposes.
- Act as lead on various IT Service Desk initiatives, vendor installations / upgrades, etc.
- Provide technical assistance with all IT related hardware (phones, AV equipment, webcams). Open tickets and actively work with external vendors a necessary
- Assist with local user moves as necessary.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Knowledge and experience using of remote access tools.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Previous experience providing customer support over the phone.
- Effective time management skills.
- Passion to provide outstanding customer service.
- Sound troubleshooting skills with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Can do / service-oriented attitude.
- Energetic about taking on new tasks and learning.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight.
- Focus on teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently towards goals.
- Highly motivated and flexible.
- Excellent work ethic and highly organized.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
Knowledge & Skills
- College degree preferred, or an equivalent of education
- 5+ years’ experience in a Help Desk / End User / desktop support environment
- Technical certifications (preferred)
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks, handle multiple priorities, and perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows7, 10, Office 365.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Experience working with web-based Help Desk software a plus.
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.