Our client is in need of a Cybersecurity Manager
in their Boston, MA
office that will be responsible for overseeing a team and daily operations with respect to the effectiveness of all security technology and IT programs. As an experienced professional, the Cybersecurity Manager will assist in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques.
If you are customer-focused and results-driven, this is an amazing opportunity to join a winning organization that is well established nationally and globally with strong values, leadership and their culture is evidence of their retention rate.
**Relocation assistance may be provided for the ideal non-local candidate
**Only CITIZENS can be considered for this role given high security working on government projects
** This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance – or ability to obtain
- Manage all resources (team members and projects) relating to security control
- Coordinate the reporting of data security incidents
- Provide technical support to internal and external clients and management regarding risk assessments and implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products
- Identify and escalate changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures
- Execute security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information
- Monitor trends while continuously assessing staff/security system capabilities to meet business demands
- Develop strong policies, documentation and revision of processes and procedures while also adhering to State and Federal legislation and regulations
- Ensure proper auditing of all tasks related to securing and maintaining the operational health of the infrastructure
- Continuously evaluate security systems, teams and processes to provide sound recommendations for improvement
- Lead team members to a high level of productivity and increase team effectiveness
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, MIS, computer science OR equivalent work experience (Master’s degree preferred)
- CISSP or CISM certification preferred
- 6+ years of experience in security assessment
- 2+ years of experience in IT management/leadership type role leading and growing a team of engineers.
- Solid knowledge of Information Security technologies, techniques and processes
- Experience in security systems engineering involving various computer hardware and software operating systems and application solutions in both a stand-alone and in LAN/WAN configurations.
- Experience with Information Assurance Vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools (Retina, NMap, Nessus, SCAP)
- Experience with information security toolset including: Anti-Virus, Vulnerability Assessment, HIDS/ NIDS, host-based or endpoint security solutions, Multi Factor Authentication, and Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) and centralized auditing tools
- Experience with the Agile Methodology
- Impeccable communication skills with the ability to translate data into visualizations, crafting of presentations for executive management, and a demonstrated record of strong leadership
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex, geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to build consensus and cooperation as well as to influence, interact and negotiate with senior leadership in the organization
- Experience leading complex technical projects, meeting target timelines, facilitating project meetings, authoring project documentation, issue resolution, and project resource identification