Our client is in need of a Software Engineer/DevOps
in their Pittsburgh, PA
office that will be responsible for evaluating new technology for the team and ensuring proper go to market strategies. The ideal candidate should have a strong technical background in software development with the ability to support a technology innovation development team as they explore new technologies and business opportunities for the organization.
The position offers an opportunity for an individual to be working on cutting-edge and new technology constantly. Not to mention, an attractive compensation package (base and bonus), extensive vacation allotment, along with incredible benefits and other creative perks, makes this a sought after opportunity with an amazing corporation who cares about a strong vision and culture!
**Client will consider VISA sponsorship options for the role for candidates already residing in the US!!
**Relocation assistance may also be provided for the ideal non-local candidate
- Lead in the development and configuration of solutions for new and emerging technologies
- Responsible for building and accelerating the DevOps pipleline
- Evaluate market tools, provide Proof of Concepts and assemble presentations/demos on varying technologies with pros and cons
- Review, test and select appropriate platforms which will integrate well with current technology and infrastructure
- Design and build technology solutions while also maintaining existing infrastructure and pipeline
- Provide ongoing analysis on the most complex client requirements to resolve any functional problems encountered
- Assist junior staff regarding complex issues and best practices
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering OR equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of Software Development from a DevOps standpoint
- Must have a solid background with devops and previous evaluation of technologies with the ability to
work in a Continuous Development/Integration/Continuous Delivery platform (preferably Skaffold, Helm, OpenShift Pipeline)
- Must have experience working with cloud automation tools such as Kubernetes, Containers, GIT, Visual Studio Team Server/Team Foundation Server (VSTS/TFS), etc.
- Must have strong experience in writing Python and some familiarity with Java, Ruby, PHP or similar is helpful
- Experience writing web applications and APIs
- Strong experience with Test Automation framework such as Zalenium, SauceLabs, and Perfecto
- Experience with scripting languages (bash, shell, ansible, chef, puppet, or similar)
- Experience with the Agile Methodology
- Experience in serverless technology and framework is a plus
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex, geographically dispersed organization