Our Dallas client is in need of an Agile Project Manager
that will be responsible for leading, supporting a variety of teams to deliver project(s) and/or program(s) that span across one or more business units. The Project Manager will be driving overall delivery execution; managing resources, schedules, financials and adhering to quality and control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle.
A competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits plan (paid vacation, holidays, 401k with matching, company profit sharing, health/dental, life insurance) in addition to other offerings, makes this ideal place to work and grow!
- Work closely with management to identify the organization’s project needs.
- Manage strategic, continuous improvement, and transformation initiatives; effective in leading all aspects of a project and/or program to ensure timely and effective execution.
- Engaged in all areas of agile techniques such as automated testing, user stories, test driven development, continuous integration.
- Understand the business needs of the project and its interaction with other projects/programs to make decisions that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Ability to think creatively to drive innovation, perform situational analysis which leads to well thought out decisions.
- Must establish strong working relationships with executive sponsors, business owners and stakeholders across the organization to manage expectations and project delivery.
- Monitor performance and recommend schedule changes, cost or resource adjustments.
- Establish and provide timely updates to the management team for each project for escalating issues, reporting and managing risks impacting scope, schedule, and budget.
- Coordinate project planning, including resources, progress reporting, troubleshooting and team management.
- Ensure that project resources are following established processes.
- Directly or indirectly manage/mentor team members and colleagues in techniques such as leadership, methodology, tools, and people and communication skills.
- Continuously teach many of the skills—both hard and soft—that are required for the successful planning, execution, delivery and support of projects and their products or services.
- Lead and support in the facilitation of improvement methodology to diverse audiences and tailor communication style and information.
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, Certified Scrum Master similar certifications desired
- 7+ years financial and/or insurance services desired
- 5+ years experience managing cross-functional projects
- Experience in coaching and mentoring
- Skilled in multiple project management methodologies (e.g. agile/scrum, waterfall) desired
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently as well as being a team player
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex subject matter.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; strong organizational skills a must
- Results oriented, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to interact and communicate with C-Level executives and senior leadership
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint)