Our Client is an elite organization relied upon to provide trustworthy, up to the minute reliable GIS data. We are currently recruiting a GIS Business Analyst
for a significant new initiative and a statewide GIS implementation program. As a GIS Business Analyst, you will spend a large part of your time on client-facing engagements, to align information technology solutions with business strategy. The Business Analyst will be coordinating with all areas of design, implementation, maintenance and modification of complex automated geographic information systems, databases, software and equipment. Must be a focused, high-energy individual with an sound knowledge in GIS development protocols and ESRI's ArcGIS products, geodatabases, spatial data processing and analysis.
This will be a 12-18 month project with the possibility to extend.
**The role will initially be remote, with an in-person requirement at the Austin, Texas office for customer facing meetings with stakeholders to ensure proper delivery to developers and other implementation consultants.
- Identify and collect GIS business requirements using interviews and groups sessions
- Plan and analyze business requirements via implementation of traceability matrix
- Create business process flow diagrams for new product feature design
- Ensure proper presentation materials are compilated for future training
- Participate with product development and application development teams
- Record detailed use cases for product feature design and development
- Assist in internal training and rollout activities
- Support GIS business testing and interface with QA
- Observe current technology trends and make recommendations/presentations
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- BS/BA in Geography, Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field
- Must have at least 3+ years of experience as an IT Business Analyst with ability to gather user requirements
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in geospatial concepts, data, & tools (ArcGIS, ArcMap)
- Some experience and exposure working with Agile and Waterfall project
- Excellent communication/public speaking skills along with good technical documentation abilities
- Experience with Microsoft platform - SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Ability to multi-task and perform according to deadlines and release schedules