Our education based client, is in need of a Database Tester
for a long-term, REMOTE
project. The Database Tester will be responsible for performing advanced analysis and testing of all programming work in order to support, improve, and enhance applications for a large state-wide project.
This is an elite organization relied upon to provide trustworthy oversight for a variety of educational initiatives across the state of Texas. If you are passionate about improving outcomes for education services, then this job is for you!
**The Database Tester will be working REMOTELY for this role reporting to a team based in Austin, TX.
- Analyze user requirements and develop detailed test cases
- Execute functional and regression test cases
- Report and document test results, and testing summaries in detail along with any issues uncovered
- Perform SQL queries to analyze and manipulate data
- Collaborate with the development team and customers to help determine test cases and clearly communicate issues found
- Conduct QA and defect meetings for the team to walk-through resolutions/fixes
- Document the weekly status reports and present the QA process to the management
- Participate in regular project status meetings related to testing
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field
- 8+ years testing complex web applications in an Object-Oriented framework
- Must have strong PL/SQL skills and experience testing Oracle stored procedures
- Must have sound knowledge of database manipulation tools such as Toad/SQLDeveloper
- Extensive testing experience at all phases of the SDLC
- Experience working on projects utilizing Agile project management methodologies
- Strong experience with Microsoft toolset – Word, Project, Visio, Excel
- Exposure to project management initiatives