Our client, a renowned state compliance organization is currently in need of a Java WebSphere Developer
to support their team. This is a remote
position and the person MUST be located in the US
. The initial contract length is 6 months with an opportunity to extend up to 2 years.
The ideal candidate must have strong hands-on technical experience with Java (WebSphere) development and proven success architecting, developing and implementing full stack web applications for large organizations. The primary goal of the consultant will be to drive, assist and implement web application upgrades.
- Design, develop and implement web applications using Java (WebSphere)
- Participate in all phases of SDLC with best practices, including design, development and code review
- Assist in code reviews and in-depth code analysis
- Analyze & monitor performance of web applications, web traffic, and app servers
- Prepare packages and deployments
- Assist in legacy migration projects - applications/services and re-designing/modernize solutions
- Write reports on code analysis to determine if industry standards and best practices are being followed
- Provide ongoing analysis to address any shortcomings
- Collaborate with business units, project managers and business analysts to define strategies and implementations
- Provide guidance and knowledge-sharing to other programmers and developers
- Support and adhere to Agile methodology
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- College or University degree in computer science or a related field
- 7+ years of experience inf full stack web application development
- Experience working with relational databases including SQL Server and Oracle
- Some experience with WCAG 2.0 Standards, 508 Compliance/Web Accessibility
- Experience with Jest automated testing framework and Selenium integration
- Experience with Git or Bitbucket
- Experience working and delivering applications in an Agile development environment