Our client is in need of an Information Security Management Consultant
for a 6-12 month remote contract. The Consultant will be responsible for assessing and implementing all aspects related to the planning, deployment, and support of a variety of security concepts and technologies, security functions and internet fraud prevention areas.
This organization is highly regarded and the Consultant should have a pristine background and will be subjected to fingerprinting. This is a top notch organization with highly confidential information. The Consultant will be protecting the organization’s computers, networks and data against computer viruses, security breaches, and malicious hacker attacks.
The Information Security Management Consultant will be responsible for assessing the severity of weaknesses and deficiencies in the information system, plans of action and milestones, risk mitigation approaches, security alerts, and potential adverse effects of identified vulnerabilities. The Consultant will have the ability to influence and build strong relationships across multiple programs.
This is for a well-respected organization offering an attractive hourly rate for this highly coveted role.
- Identify, evaluate and implement security initiatives and standards throughout the organization
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Develop/integrate cybersecurity designs for systems and networks with multilevel security requirements
- Analyze user needs and requirements to plan architecture and develop enterprise architecture or system components required to meet the user needs
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
- Work on determining acceptable risk levels for the enterprise and ensuring the IT environments are adequately protected from potential risks and threats
- Design alerts and playbooks to automate responses to phishing attacks and general threats
- Perform a compressive analysis of spam messages to identify elements and trends
- Oversee incident response planning and the investigation of security breaches
- Assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with any security breaches
- Document and address organization's information security, cybersecurity architecture, and systems security engineering requirements throughout the acquisition life cycle
- Plan, direct and coordinate the organization's information security policies, setting procedures and guidelines to ensure that all information systems are functional, secure and safeguarded throughout and in compliance with privacy, customer trust and information security laws and regulations
- Provide leadership as well as insuring the technical and administrative support for the development of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity programs for the organization
- Provide input to the Risk Management Framework process activities and related documentation (e.g., system life-cycle support plans, concept of operations, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials)
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or a related discipline
- 6 + years of experience in overall network topology, network security, internet, intranet, extranet technologies and operating systems
- 5+ years of technical security experience including Firewall, NGFW, IPS, SIEM, SOAR, endpoint security, sandbox, DLP, mail security, IDAM (SSO, PAM, MFA, IAM), cloud/virtualization, incident response, VTM, TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP
- Certifications preferred - CISSP, ISAAP
- Proven experience designing and deploying security architecture across organizations
- Strong experience with Advance Disaster Recovery and Data Protection
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, and team oriented