Desktop Support Analyst
Austin, TX (work hours flexible 7am-4pm or 9am-6pm)
12 months+ potential extension
Are you a self-starter, creative thinker, problem-solver with the ability to manage tasks according to deadlines? Come be part of this growing organization that is adding to their helpdesk/desktop tech team in the Austin, TX area.
This position is for someone with entry-level helpdesk knowledge and hardware and software support experience. The chosen candidate will work with senior IT staff to support approximately 200 users to resolve technical issues. **Must have a vehicle to attend to 2 major sites as necessary.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must have a MINIMUM of 2+ years of working with Windows 10, Active Directory, Exchange/Office 365 and Imaging Software
- Must have previous experience connecting users to wireless and wired networks, Updating drivers, Installing software
- Must have some knowledge of hardware components and printer management
- Some previous experience with cell phone procurement as well as troubleshooting basic areas with iOS/Android equipment is needed
- Previous experience with password resets, reimaging laptops, some SharePoint User Access Administration
- Ability to create guest accounts in Azure, and set up Outlook profiles, signatures, settings, etc.
- Knowledge of standard networking protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, and OSPF
- Strong experience with Microsoft toolset – Word, Project, Visio, Excel
- Must have impeccable communication and interpersonal skills
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Utilize helpdesk ticketing system to document issues, troubleshoot and run performance reports
- Diagnose and resolve hardware, software and end user problems
- Various software updates
- Repair workstations and devices
- Image newly purchased PCs with proper software – Create and maintain Active Directory and Exchange/Office365 accounts
- Run diagnostic programs and maintain computer functionality
- Support phone systems
- Gather data to assess the needs of the customer
- Resolve incorrect settings
- Remove viruses or spyware from devices
- Replace hardware or reinstall operating systems as needed
- Assist with the collection of legacy computer equipment
- Assist with deployment of new computer equipment
- Create updates and provide end user training on various technologies
- Assist with internal documentation of processes and procedures
- Perform other desktop administration duties as needed while supporting the engineering team