Back-End Software Engineer
Full Time Opportunity:
*preference of Austin based, will consider REMOTE
Come be part of this growing and progressive company!! Our client is adding a Back-End Software Engineer
to their team. The Back-End Software Engineer will specialize in server-side components specific to e-commerce platforms. This is an opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and a variety of customers to bring their products to market quickly and effectively. As a Back-End Software Engineer, on any given day you might be architecting new features for customers, refactoring existing code to be more scalable, and seeing changes through to completion in a live environment.
This is an incredible opportunity to join an innovative organization that continues to invest in their employees, their services and their infrastructure. If you can work autonomously, are excited by new technologies, and will never back down from the challenges of scale, this opportunity is for you!
- Build robust and scalable software in Java
- Design and create services and system architecture for ongoing projects
- Help improve the code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of Back-End Software Engineers, Project Managers and System Administrators
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to the technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Establish Back-End Software Engineer best practices
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor degree or more in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of recent hands-on coding, software design and building web applications
- A track record of projects completed on time – you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator!
- Experience building APIs in Node.js with Typescript
- Experience with SQL and no-SQL Databases – exposure to MongoDB is a plus
- Experience working in Google Cloud Platform including Kubernetes, Firebase, and managed database services
- Experience working for a SaaS company is a preferred
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices and Agile Software Development
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- A strong familiarity of Web Server technologies including NGINX, Apache and J2EE
- Experience with Java or Ruby, and the willingness to learn new technologies (experience with other object-oriented languages is okay too, but our code is Java, Ruby and Scala, so you should be able to get up-to-speed on at least one of them quickly