Our client is in need of a Cybersecurity Engineer
in their Boston, MA
office that will be responsible for supporting daily operations with respect to the effectiveness of all security technology and IT programs. As an experienced professional, the Cybersecurity Engineer will be the point of contact (POC) and assist in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques with internal and external clients.
If you are customer-focused and results-driven, this is an amazing opportunity to join a winning organization that is well established nationally and globally with strong values, leadership and their culture is evidence of their retention rate.
**Relocation assistance may be provided for the ideal non-local candidate
**Only CITIZENS can be considered for this role given high security working on government projects
** This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance – or ability to obtain
- Responsibility managing all program engineering related activities by providing technical support to internal and external clients while also providing risk assessments and implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products
- Support the development of cybersecurity requirements, design and architecture artifacts, plans, and policies
- Assist in defining security development and test efforts for implementation of security controls of networking devices, databases, operating systems, and hardware and software components
- Identify and escalate changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures
- Execute security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company and client’s information
- Develop strong policies, documentation and revision of processes and procedures while also adhering to State and Federal legislation and regulations
- Ensure proper auditing of all tasks related to securing and maintaining the operational health of the infrastructure
- Continuously evaluate security systems, teams and processes to provide sound recommendations for improvement
- Ensure compliance with DoD technology release and export licensing policies
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, MIS, computer science OR equivalent work experience
- CISSP or CISM certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Information Assurance/Cyber Engineering requirements, determination, development, and implementation.
- Strong IT and/or network and system security administration, including operating system security configuration and account management best practices for UNIX, MS Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and CISCO systems.
- Solid knowledge of Information Security technologies, techniques and processes
- Understanding of Systems Engineering requirements, specifications
- Prior experience working on U.S. Government contract proposals and programs
- Previous experience implementing DoD and Federal IA Certification and Accreditation Processes, IA controls and developing and maintaining associated certification and accreditation documentation
- Experience with the Agile Methodology
- Impeccable communication skills with the ability to translate data into visualizations, crafting of presentations for executive management, and a demonstrated record of strong leadership
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex, geographically dispersed organization