Our client is in need of Lead Cloud Architect
. The ideal candidate should have a strong technical background with a broad understanding of Cloud technologies, primarily AWS. You’ll be a key contributor/collaborator as they continue to build out their cloud infrastructure, drive new technologies, design solutions, and resolve complex issues throughout the organization and for their clients.
The position will be based in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
**Candidates must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents to be considered
**Relocation assistance may also be provided for the ideal non-local candidate
- Leads IT research and development to design business application architecture, data and technologies, for multiple departments and platforms.
- Develops and assesses the strategies of enterprise architecture and roadmaps development.
- Develops architectural elements and leads the development of executable frameworks to facilitate architectural adoption or compliance monitoring.
- Work to further integrate security, audit, deployment, and logging tools.
- Support engineering teams by creating or improving automation tools and systems.
- Evaluate and recommend product selection to ensure that organizational goals for security, reliability, and performance are achieved.
- Implement load balancers, application routers, and firewalls.
- Participate in on-call rotation supporting infrastructure and products running in AWS.
- Make recommendations and develop implementation strategies for new technologies.
- Ability to collaborate with various teams or projects and create reusable tools to meet those needs.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering OR equivalent work experience – Master’s Degree preferred.
- 6+ years of Development experience.
- 3+ years of lead/supervisory experience.
- Experience operating fault-tolerant distributed applications in a cloud environment, especially AWS.
- Good documentation habits and a methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Comfortable using git in a multi-team setting.
- Must be adaptable to an environment with shifting priorities and rapidly evolving technical requirements.
- Good knowledge of at least one operating system: Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows.
- Good understanding of networking: TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, DNS.
- A high-level understanding of such as firewalls, is imperative.
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Architecture, developer, operations or DevOps cloud certifications are a plus.
- Familiarity with AWS CloudFormation and Terraform; experience with AWS Landing Zone is preferred.
- Some experience or familiarity with AWS ECS, Lambda, Atlassian suite, Jenkins, CodePipeline, Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Docker, Splunk, Slack.
- Experience with the Agile Methodology.