We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer
who, along with our client’s excellent software development team, will be responsible for working on projects that are currently being developed. The Software Engineer will be responsible for developing and directing software system validation and testing methods, as well as directing their software programming initiatives. This candidate will also be working closely with clients and cross-functional departments nation-wide to communicate project statuses and proposals.
The position will be based in the Dubuque, IA area
and the client will pay for any relocation costs
for non-local residents. Our client offers an amazing opportunity for hands-on development with state of the art technology, strong opportunities for career growth and advancement, an attractive compensation and benefit package and the ability to be part of a sought after environment that cares about their employees and their global culture.
**We are not able to offer sponsorship for this role** PLEASE NO VISA APPLICANTS.
- Lead in the development, deployment and implementation of new systems, technologies and information solutions
- Support and enhance existing systems and technologies
- Collaborate with Architecture, Service Operations, Analytics and other DevOps teams on strategic insights, product direction, scalability and integrations
- Apply standards, procedures and technologies as required
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on existing and proposed functionality of programs
- Monitor systems and utilize tools to ensure best performance as well as identify opportunities for improvement
- Follow the project management process in assigned area(s) of responsibility within the Agile environment
- Follow appropriate methodologies, support processes, and procedures
- Work regularly with management to improve the product development process and provide technical expertise to business leaders
Genius Road, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Sound understanding of applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
- Strong familiarity with the SDLC and Agile/Scrum environment and practices
- 6+ years of experience in the design, development, testing and integration of complex software solutions in Java web development, experience working with Micro services/NodeJS
- 3+ years of experience in cloud development with platforms like AWS or Azure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solution